Thursday, January 20, 2011

Own Crouton Salad


Have you ever made your own crouton before? This is what I made. I had ciabata bread in the freezer for months. I decided to use it before it had frost bite like ice aged dinosaur years. I cut the ciabata into cube size, put it on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lastly, add some fresh or ground thyme. Toss it around before putting them in the oven at 350 Celcius for about 15 min. Of cos, you have to check it at the 8th min, before its get too brown. Up to your taste.

About the salad, I love to add carmelised red onions in it. I add white zinfandel to the red onion while sauteeing. Let it simmer until the onions turned into bright pinkish red. Add salt and pepper a little. Lastly, add to your lettuce or any other mixed greens, add in your favourite balsamic vinegar and then salt and pepper to taste. Gosh, it is so good..... add some oranges and citrus section if you want.

"Anda Boleh"

No comments: