Sunday, May 31, 2009

Jung (Sticky Rice)


My mom taught me how to do this recipe, over 25 years ago, so this is a tribute to you, Mom! It took me all day, but I was so excited and so proud that I could do this, remembering back from my childhood, and trying to do it just like Mom did.


Ingredients:-
Vietnamese or Thailand Sticky Rice
Bamboo leaves
Chinese sausage
Red beans
Black eye peas
Dry shitake mushroom
Green onions
Chinese 5 spice
Vegetable oil
Salt
Strings (for tying)
Methods:-
It takes some practise to get this done. However, it is fun to make Jung with friends, neighbours and family members. Will show it on my video.


2 comments:

Chris said...

Kudos for being able to make the bak chang!!

Chef Chong's Leftover Makeovers said...

Thanks, Chris. I have a strong memory of making Jung eventho I have not made one in 20 years. Even I made my first sushi, after one look. Hahahahaha.