Sunday, May 31, 2009

Jung (Sticky Rice)

My mom taught me how to do this recipe, over 25 years ago, so this is a tribute to you, Mom! It took me all day, but I was so excited and so proud that I could do this, remembering back from my childhood, and trying to do it just like Mom did.

Vietnamese or Thailand Sticky Rice
Bamboo leaves
Chinese sausage
Red beans
Black eye peas
Dry shitake mushroom
Green onions
Chinese 5 spice
Vegetable oil
Strings (for tying)
It takes some practise to get this done. However, it is fun to make Jung with friends, neighbours and family members. Will show it on my video.


Chris said...

Kudos for being able to make the bak chang!!

Chef Chong's Leftover Makeovers said...

Thanks, Chris. I have a strong memory of making Jung eventho I have not made one in 20 years. Even I made my first sushi, after one look. Hahahahaha.