Friday, May 8, 2009
Curry's quickly becoming my new favorite cuisine. You can do anything you want with it. I mean without using Coconut Milk. This time I wanted to make it a little sweeter, with pineapple. The pineapple balanced out the shrimp perfectly. Also to use the old peanuts you have in the closet. Try to roast them in the oven again before use. I actually used the pineapple which has been sitting at the table for awhile. Or you have leftover cut pineapple in a container in the fridge.
6-7 Shrimps (shelled)
1 cup Pineapple (cubed)
1 teaspoon smashed garlic
2 Tablespoon Red curry paste (Thailand)
2-3 cups Water (depends on how dilute you want your curry to be)
1/2 cup Crushed peanuts
3 tablespoon Vegetable oil
Salt and sugar to taste
1. Heat a pot with vegetable oil at medium heat.
2. Add garlic and curry paste together, stir for few seconds.
3. Add water and pineapple and boil it for 2 minutes.
4. Salt and sugar to taste.
5. Add in the shrimps and crushed peanuts. Cook for 1 minute.
6. Good to eat with Basmati rice.