Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Chef Chong's Figs Jam
















There is this giant Fig tree in our backyard. Time to pick the figs in this fall and lots of them. The birds are the frequent pickers. I pick some of them and put in the ziploc bag, store them in the freezer for future use. Now, making figs jam is easy. Just sugar, wine, vanilla extract and water and of cos, figs.
Measurement:-
1/2 full 9" x 9" pot
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups Apple Cider
3 Tbsp Vanilla extract
1 cup White wine
Water to cover the whole figs
Methods:-
Just cook until the texture is like a jam. It is all about your preference, whether you like it thick or smooth or light or thin.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

eddie

how about sharing some of this jam? they look really delicious

Chef Chong's Leftover Makeovers said...

Hi Lily. I have lots of figs in my freezer for my future use. I made some jams and put in my fridge. You can come over and have some.

Unknown said...

chef chong

you are a darling. will come and enjoy the fruit of your labor