Friday, July 9, 2010
Charred Miso Duck breast with Bow ties pasta
2 piece duck breast with skin
2 Tablespoon Miso paste
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon Cooking oil
1 Tablespoon Dark sweet soy sauce
1 teaspoon ground ginger (use fresh ginger if you have)
1 Tablespoon Sake or cooking wine
* marinate the duck breast with all the ingredients in a ziploc bag for at least 4 hours
1. Heat a non stick pan on medium high with 3-4 Tablespoon of cooking oil to sear the duck breast.
2. Always skin down first. Seared for at least 3 minutes each side. You will notice that the skin is burnt, its ok.
3. Seared again each side for another 3 mintues, take it out from the pan and cut through a piece of duck breast and see whether you like it to be done or not. It is all up to you.
4. Served with vegetables and pasta you like. Good with a glass of red wine, my preference is Pinot Muenier.