Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Vanilla Ice-Cream with Black Berry sauce



My first Ice-Cream I made, thanks to Chef Neda for giving me an ice-cream maker as my birthday present a year ago. This one is also a recovery meal for me after my bad sore throat. Doctor suggested me to eat ice-cream, to cool my throat. And it is a soft food. Then I decided to make one, using Chef Neda's Vanilla ice-cream recipe as a guideline. See, I like to improvise. I have some milk left in the fridge and I bought heavy cream. Then I make a pint of a vanilla ice-cream, of cos with the Black Berry sauce. These black berries were from our neighbor, Mary Anne and Fran. They have black berries grown in their backyard.

Recipe:-

1 cup Whole Milk
1 cup Heavy Cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract

Method:-

1. Add all the ingredients together in a pot, simmer but not boiling. Once a little bubble starting to form at the side of the pot, pull aside to cool down a little.
2. Put the mixture, while still little warm, into the ice-cream maker. Let it stir for good 30 min or until it appears to be little crystalised and thick.
3. Put in a container and freeze for at least 4 hours.


Black Berries sauce:-

2 cups of black berries
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water

*cook them until thicken and syrupy.

No comments: