Thursday, May 13, 2010
ABC Fried Rice
I named this fried rice ABC because I was using the ABC brand sweet soy sauce, which is thick soy sauce. It is a product of Indonesia, in Malay it is Kicap Manis. You can find it at any Asian market near you. This ABC sauce is to give little sweetness to the fried rice and its color. Very popular among Malaysian especially my family. Good combination with fish sauce as well.
We also used the sweet soy sauce as dipping sauce for fresh cut fruit such as mango and cucumber. Add little fresh chili cut and soy sauce, it will be fantastic.
2 small bowl of leftover steamed rice
1 cup of Pea Pods
1 Tablespoon ABC sweet soy sauce
1 teaspoon Fish sauce
2 whole eggs
1 Tablespoon cut fresh dill
a handful of cilantro
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Heat the non-stick pan with some cooking oil, say 3 Tablespoon, on medium high heat.
2. Fried the eggs, stir so that it looks scramble. Look for bubbly foamy sign.
3. Add the fish sauce, together with pea pods. Stir for few seconds.
4. Then add in the rice, ABC sweet soy sauce and salt and pepper. Stir for a min or two.
5. Finally add in dill and cilantro, stir few seconds and then ready to serve.