Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Beef Ravioli Dumpling Soup


Dear all. Have you ever thought of using the leftover "whatever" ravioli with tomato sauce for a soup of the day? Well, I did. See, my philosophy is pasta is pasta, whether in angel hair shape, round, square or curly shape. Then, just like making your chicken noodle soup, as easy as you can imagine. I can make this less than 30 min, better than Rachel Ray (my opinion about her show is, she does not need to prep, thats why 30 min cooking). But my style of cooking or shall I say, my Less than 30 min cooking is including prep. The Real Chef Chong's 30 minutes cooking. Besides leftover ravioli my partner brought home from the Company's lunch, I used the pork dumplings in my freezer to compliment the pasta and some pea shoots from my backyard. See, easy, light and save lots of money.

Ingredients:-

Chicken broth (when you have some in the pantry)
Leftover Beef Ravioli with tomato sauce (you can used any leftover ravioli provided that have the tomato sauce)
Pea shoots
Few Frozen Pork Dumplings
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:-

1. Boil the chicken broth until bubbly.
2. Add in the frozen dumplings and cook for at least 4 minutes.
3. Throw in the ravioli and pea shoots, cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Garnish with few pieces of roasted chicken in your fridge.

Tips:- I used the beef ravioli with tomato sauce because of the soup will have the tomato taste. Dont use the sauce with cream in the soup for this. I will come out with another recipe when I tried it one day. :)

No comments: