Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Strawberry Peas Carrots salad
I have lots of strawberries in my backyard, it is the season. I dont shop for greens nowadays since it is Spring and Summer season with abundant of greens in our backyard. Therefore, to make a healthy, fast, light lunch for my partner, Gregg, today, I picked some pea pods, sage and strawberries. Oh, we are on healthy diet so that we can show off our lean body when we are going to Las Vegas in July. :)
I roasted the chicken breast with bones with bbq rub and some salt, with oregano and olive oil, at 400 F for about 45 min. Always overcook than undercook.
Garlic Salt and Pepper
1. Clean and cut the strawberries in halve or quartro.
2. Cut the carrots thin and 2" long, just like carrot sticks but half the lenght.
3. Heat the non-stick pan high, sautee the carrots for about 2 min, until charred little. Remember to add salt and pepper.
4. Lastly add the pea pods and sautee for one min.
5. Toss all of it in a bowl, mixed well and add more salt to taste. You can add some lemon juice if you want.
6. Garnish with crispy sage (fried the sage until crispy, dont brown it) and roasted chicken breast.