Thursday, June 3, 2010

Asian Bruschetta

Ever thought of this Asian way of Bruschetta???? Again, I brought back some leftover focacia bread from work, stored them in the freezer for days. Now thinking of having it consumed, I loved the crostini toastie bread. So my brain was thinking of bruschetta, since Gregg loves it so much. I have lots of asian ingredients from work as well, especially the mixed peanuts, sesame seeds and fried shallots, the mint and cilantro. Then I have a can of chunked tomatoes in the pantry and also some more fresh herbs from my backyard. See, everything comes to life. Dressing very much Asian flavor. Lets get into it!

Ingredients:-

6 slices Focacia bread - an inch or less thick
Olive oil
Salt and Pepper
* Toast them in the oven at 375 F.

Toppings:-

1 1/2 cup cut tomatoes or can tomatoes (drain first)
1/4 cup chopped mint
1/4 cup chopped oregano
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped basil
1/4 cup chopped onions or green onions
2 Tablespoon Lemon juice or Lime juice
1 teaspoon Fish sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
* Mixed all these ingredients together.


"Anda Boleh"

No comments: